Life/Story is a six-week writing workshop focusing exclusively on memoir. Two Life/Story workshops run concurrently. One meets on Tuesday evenings, one on Sunday afternoons. Each workshop is limited to five participants max. You may sign up for either one but not both. The workshops starting next are filled. The next openings might be in January of 2018. Check back then for exact dates.
How It Works
- Writers share work in advance, then meet to discuss their submissions.
- Each meeting is two hours long.
- Writers submit by Monday morning for the Tuesday workshop. Those in the Sunday workshop submit by Saturday morning.
- The Tuesday workshop meets from 7-9 pm. The Sunday workshop meets from 1-3 pm.
How to Register
- Send a query to email@example.com with your name and contact information.
- In your query, introduce yourself briefly and explain what your memoir (or prospective memoir) is about.
- Include — in the body of your email or as an attachment — an example of your writing: two pages max. You don’t have to show me you got grammar; show me you got voice, you got story.
Fees and Payment
- The workshop costs $350 for a six-week series.
- Payment may be made by check or paypal. Venmo payments will no longer be accepted.
- A deposit of $100 received two weeks before the workshop holds your spot.
- Full payment is due by or on the first workshop meeting.
- Those already in the workshop have priority for spots in the next workshop.
If you’re paying by check, please make it out to Tamim Ansary and send it to 178 Gates Street, San Francisco, CA 94110. If you’re paying by Paypal, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.